412 Real Life Stories on Rimadyl NSAID Pain Relief Medication

Rimadyl Side Effects - www.rimadylsideeffects.net

Rimadyl Side Effects

This page provides an overview of an ever growing number of True Life Stories told by dog lovers sharing their personal experiences on the side effects of Rimadyl.

• From Kari MacKenzie on What are the Rimadyl side effects in Dogs?

I came across this post after picking our ten month old golden up from the vet. He had been prescribed rimadyl after a surgery on Friday (June 1 st) Saturday, he seemed fine, but Sunday I was welcomed to a mess of diarrhea and bile on our laundry room floor. I cleaned him up, stopped the rimadyl and began on the white rice and chicken regime. He had less diarrhea on Monday, and was up and around. When I returned home from a running errands on Tuesday, he stood outside and lost a large amount of blood from his rectum. I cleaned him up and called the vet. He now has him on metronidazole twice a day for the diarrhea. I am wondering if the rimadyl could still be causing this gastrointestinal bleeding as it is very concerning. Thanks

Go to comment
    2018/06/05 at 7:32 pm
    • From Jack on What are the Rimadyl side effects in Dogs?

Same here. We have a year old lab….Just had her spayed Thursday, June 7, 2018. Started Rimadyl on Friday the 8th. Diarrhea started Saturday, the 9th. Discontinued on Sunday the 10th……Monday was a fair day for her, no vomiting, however minor diarrhea. Today, the 12th, four bouts of diarrhea. Took he to Vet today, she stated, she might had reaction to Rimadyl. Three or four pills did this to my pup…..

Started her yesterday on Scrambled eggs…..very hungry. White Rice tonight. Immediately had two bouts of DIARRHEA. STILL VERY ACTIVE AND PLAYFUL…….

JACK, SPRING, TEXAS

Go to comment
      2018/06/12 at 6:54 pm
  • From Alyson Struwe on What are the Rimadyl side effects in Dogs?

My dog took Rimadyl for 2 1/2 weeks before noticing the negative effects. First issue was paw itching. She never chews on her paws and was doing it incessantly one evening. I thought maybe she stepped in something on our long walk. The next day she started shaking her head (like an ear infection) and seemed a bit off on our walk. Not her normally smiling self. I awoke to vomit all through my home. This dog never throws up in her 7.5 years in our home. I decided to stop the medication that morning. By evening I came home and my dogs ear flaps were swollen to about 1/2 inch thick to include her muzzle and the house again was filled with vomit. I also found two blankets with blood circles on them which I assume came from her anal area. I took her to the vet and luckily after 9 days she appears to be herself. While she is limping I’m glad she is alive. My vet did not suggest I report this as an adverse event to Zoetis which leads me to believe most people are not reporting these issues so the incident rate for side effects is not properly being factored in. So a 1% incident rate is probably more a 10% likliehoold of a negative outcome.

Go to comment
    2018/05/07 at 7:53 am
    • From Bulterman de Groot on What are the Rimadyl side effects in Dogs?

Hi Alyson,

Glad to hear your dog is alright again, you absolutely saved her life.

Your absolutely right in assuming only a fraction of the problems is being reported. The Rimadyl problem is going on for years now and the problem cases keep piling up.

I think it’s unbelievable that products like that are still prescribed by veterinarians.

Earlier today I read a post on a vet’s website stating, quote: “Treatment for arthritis is relatively easy, and can make a dramatic difference to your pet, allowing them to be more active”.

They also mentioned “There are many over-the-counter supplements or prescription medications to assist your pet’s joint health and enable it to move more freely with reduced or minimal pain.”

After reading that post I left a comment asking warning about the risks connected to many of these types of medication and my comment was removed from their site within five minutes after posting it. The same happened to the second comment I posted, asking for the reason of such a tight level of censorship.

Anyway, thank you for sharing your story with us.

Warm regards

Go to comment
      2018/05/08 at 10:41 am
  • From Mrs. Taylor on What are the Rimadyl side effects in Dogs?

Thank God that I read all these terribly sad stories, that made me cry! My dear, little, 10 yr. old dog (adopted in Dec., after my darling 16 yr. old, big dog passed away, sadly), was prescribed Rimadyl because she fell over a couple of times. The vet told me that her back knee came out of socket, so I asked if I could give her Glucosamine, given that my big dog was taking 1,000 mg. daily (which stopped shaking in her back legs). I was told that I could do so and in a couple of days she was back to normal, with my not letting her jump up/down steps, etc. Therefore, I wondered about starting the Rimadyl — didn’t want to make too many changes all at once — so I halved the 25 mg. pill and gave it (after food) midday, given she was getting the Glucosamine in the morn. and eve., after her meals . However, on our walk (tonight) she seemed slower than usual and panted quite a bit! Consequently, I thought I’d do some research on what Rimadyl actually does (vet told me it’s for inflammation), and I’m very grateful that I found this info.! I shan’t be giving my dog anymore Rimadyl! She was doing well without it, and so, God willing, she’ll be her usual happy self again, in the morn. I’m so sorry that people lost their beautiful dogs, because they were given Rilmadyl, it seems. It’s absolutely heartbreaking! Thank-you very much for sharing your tragic stories, which could have saved my little dog from the same suffering.

Go to comment
    2018/05/01 at 9:41 pm
  • From Cherie Schlichting on What are the Rimadyl side effects in Dogs?

My Morkie was put on rimadyl for Luxating Patella 3 weeks ago against my better judgement… with in 24 hrs he was chewing his back like he had fleas(which he does not) Foolishly I waited to look up side effects of this drug and after 10 days I did. As soon as I saw that it was a side effect I immediately took him off it. He now has a bald spot the size of a 50 cent piece. He has been off it for several days and he is still itchy. He has never had any itchy or skin issues. Hopefully he will begin to heal now. I am so sick about it.

Go to comment
    2018/04/24 at 3:10 pm
  • From Debbie B Roos on What are the Rimadyl side effects in Dogs?

i TOOK MY DOG TO THE VET SHE WAS HAVING PROBLEMS WITH HER BACK LEGS. THE VET GAVE HER THIS TERRIBLE INJECTION NOT 10 MINUTES LATER MY BEAUTIFUL BABY WAS GONE!!!!!

Go to comment