412 Real Life Stories on Rimadyl NSAID Pain Relief Medication

Rimadyl Side Effects - www.rimadylsideeffects.net

Rimadyl Side Effects

This page provides an overview of an ever growing number of True Life Stories told by dog lovers sharing their personal experiences on the side effects of Rimadyl.

• From Carol Whitcombe on What are the Rimadyl side effects in Dogs?

Hi Pam I was wondering how you got on after stoping the Rimadyl.My Lab has been on Rimadyl for one week now and I can see a small improvment in him.However everyday at about 5.30pm he starts panting and a little confused which lasts for about one hour.I have advised my Vet this morning and he has suggested stoping the Rimadyl today and see how he is . I really do not want to put Zeek back any if I stop giving him them,but I dont want to damage him in any way.I would be very interested to see how you got on.Many Thanks Carol

2012/02/20 at 11:28 am
  • From marsha on What are the Rimadyl side effects in Dogs?

My little minpin just turned 4 Jan 11 2012 SHE was given Rimadyl for pain aftter a tunor was removed by side of her eye NOW she started urinating while she was asleep on my bed or on my lap and NEVER did she do this before . I called Vet they said it was most likly NOT caused by the Rimadyl But I reserched it and. URIINATTING PROBLEMS ARE LISTED AS SIDE EFFECT so I stoped this meds we will see.ANYONE ELSE HAVE THIS PROBLEM

2012/02/08 at 4:36 pm
    • From Elaine on What are the Rimadyl side effects in Dogs?

I’m having this problem now. Can’t sleep trying to figure out my Chihuahua’s problems to his urinating while sleeping & even leaking. He’s so lethargic & has no energy. For sure I’ll not give him any more of the Rimadyl.
      Your posting helped…. Thank You

2016/08/12 at 11:29 am
      • From Amy Jennings on What are the Rimadyl side effects in Dogs?

My 13 year old Chihuahua had dental surgery a couple of months ago and I’m pretty sure it was Rimadyl liquid i gave her for 10 days after for pain (she had 8 extractions) and now has urinary incontinence! Hoping it is only a temporary thing because it is a lot of work. Male dogs have great little “diaper bands” that velcro around the waist but female dogs are much trickier to diaper – especially skittish types like mine. This is very sad to read about all of those that lost their dogs to incompetence by vets & pfizer. 🙁

2017/05/02 at 9:48 pm
    • From Judith Stewart on What are the Rimadyl side effects in Dogs?

Yes, we do! My 2 year old lab is peeing herself! I got a shock and researched! Yes, it’s Rimadyl and this was the last pill she swallowed of it!!!! My poor girl.

2016/01/02 at 6:33 pm
    • From Susan on What are the Rimadyl side effects in Dogs?

OK my minpin was just given this medicine she weighs 17 lbs I have to go take car in to shop and am afraid to leave her alone , any suggestions

2015/06/18 at 1:41 pm
    • From Sonia rosado on What are the Rimadyl side effects in Dogs?

My dog boxer had a perfect physical on Monday she is 91/2 a little pain in her leg I did gave her remidol as needed when they first prescribed that to her only half of the pill, because I notice she was acting weared. After the physical the doctor said that she heard a chat that results was better if given as directed 1 tablet every 12 hrs. In the tuesday or wendesday after starting her regularly she had a siezure increased to 2 the next day and 3 withing 24 hours, called the doctor and gave her seizure medicine they told me to continued the remidol I did she was acting like confused, had problems walking, seemed like staring but like she could not see, acted clumsy , could not coordinate and started to fall and stumble, I researched on my own and notice the side effects. Took her to the doctor once I stopped the medication by the next day she was alert and happy but now she is urinating while sleeping and seemed to have problems holding her pee the doctor just called me and told me that she is having problems with her liver. I feel so sad and devasted she also was panthing really bad. Please do not give the medicine unless you are sure that is not causing any damage. I thought for sure I was going to have put her to sleep, still she is not good still looks somewhat sad and problems with urinating in the house that she never did before.

2015/05/22 at 2:55 am
    • From Patricia on What are the Rimadyl side effects in Dogs?

My Border Collie was started on Rimadyl a week ago and started urinating in the bed the last two nights. I am taking her off it and going back on meloxicam

2015/02/20 at 12:23 pm
    • From Seena on What are the Rimadyl side effects in Dogs?

Thank you, thank you for this information. My shepherd/husky/lab mix has been on Rimadyl for 4 days, after 2 days, I halved the dose instead of the 75 mg. Today he peed in the house. He had no idea he was doing it.

2014/10/20 at 6:50 pm
    • From J Everett on What are the Rimadyl side effects in Dogs?

You should look for a new vet b/c your vet is incompetent or completely lacking knowledge of the possible side effects of medications he/she is prescribing.

Don’t think that just b/c a vet went to veterinary school and is “technically” a doctor that they can’t be incompetent or make serious mistakes. This also goes for human doctors too. None of them are infalliable.

As a pharmacy technician I see medication mistakes from doctors all the time.

2013/11/26 at 7:04 am
    • From Dave Rupert on What are the Rimadyl side effects in Dogs?

Rimadyl was prescribed by my vet after she started to have hip (joint problems); 8 days later she became unable to stand, unstable and seeked a hiding place. After an hour or so she could not hold up her head; we rushed her to the vet hospital and she died enroute. Afterward friends told me that there has been problems with this drug. I am thinking of legal recourse as this occurance resembles other fatilities..Dave Rupert

2013/04/05 at 10:50 pm
      • From Bellabear on What are the Rimadyl side effects in Dogs?

7-21-15 vet prescribed RIMADYL for luxating patella. 12 lb. 4 oz pom.
        2 P.m. 1 St dose of 25 mg. Given after food. Chicken & rice. 7-22-15, 3:30-4 a.m awake to vomiting. 7-22-15 12 P.m. she is again vomiting.

2015/07/23 at 7:41 pm
      • From mike mcdaniel on What are the Rimadyl side effects in Dogs?

My dog juno was given rimadyl for back problem. Within 2 hours of taking the med he had a bad seizures and by the time I made it to the vet he had a stroke. Juno was 13 and I had no idea there was a problem with this drug. I would not recommend this to anyone. Please let me know if anyone else has had this problem. Please leave me a message on my email address.

2014/05/11 at 4:51 pm
        • From Karen L on What are the Rimadyl side effects in Dogs?

My old dog took Rimadyl for one week before having some kind of seizure/stroke and had to be put down. My vet reassured me it was not the drug – my advise to my vet is they should keep an open mind. Coincidence maybe, but maybe not.

2015/09/03 at 8:54 pm
          • From James on What are the Rimadyl side effects in Dogs?

That exact thing happened to me on Sunday. One week on the drug and a seizure then rapid decline then couldn’t walk and I had to put him down. All in 24 hours. Heartbreaking.

2017/03/15 at 2:25 am
          • From Frank on What are the Rimadyl side effects in Dogs?

The same with my Rocky. 12 yr boxer. He was on it for 3 mos. Vet assistant stated the least amount possible. So I gave him the least amount; he @ 100 lbs. . Same as other comments. Eventually he would walk into a corner and couldn’t back up. Then horrible seizures. Vet said not not from rimadyl. Most likely brain tumor. We put him down; now the anniversary is here and I can’t help feeling that I should have read a posting like this before. At a crisis like that, we become vulnerable and depend on doctors, at least I did. Sad lesson learned. I reserve the right to get smarter…

2016/01/19 at 5:38 pm
        • From Janet on What are the Rimadyl side effects in Dogs?

I am officially freaking out. My lab just had surgery to remove a mass from his tail. They advised me to give him a dose of Rimadyl when we got home. I did and now he can barely hold his head up, I had to help him stand and he’s whining.
          Needless to say he won’t be getting any more.
          Praying that this passes through his system quickly.

2015/04/04 at 3:07 am
        • From Marion on What are the Rimadyl side effects in Dogs?

Yes, as you’re now aware not just your dog had devastating side effects. I think the hardest thing is feeling responsible and as far as I can see more people will go through this. Have you completed a Suspected Adverse Effect form on the Veterinary Medicines Directorate? I lost a beautiful gentle dog and got talking today to somebody else who thinks he lost his dog needlessly. It was heartbreaking. The only way we can stop other dogs and their owners going through this is to address it. My heart goes out to you, these drug manufacturers aren’t going to respond to these issues unless they have to. Like you, if I ever knew somebody whose dog was prescribed this drug I’d advise them to think very carefully. I have so many regrets.

2014/10/20 at 6:01 pm
      • From Lisa on What are the Rimadyl side effects in Dogs?

My German Shepherd 4 y.o. was put on Rimadyl this past Friday as a pain/anti inflammatory med for a lump found on her muzzle. There was no dx this was just to help with the swelling along with an anitbiotic. Today is Tuesday and she can no longer climb the stairs in our house! She was perfectly fine on Friday so far as her legs were concerned! I called the vet and they got me an appointment tomorrow afternoon….ugh. Needless to say I HAVE STOPPED the meds, not that they told me to…and her lump hasn’t changed. Hopefully I’ve caught this in time. I’m so sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing your story.

2013/08/27 at 7:59 pm
        • From Anne on What are the Rimadyl side effects in Dogs?

I lost my 2 year old dobie after a misdiagnosis of arthritis and one month of Rimadyl before the ortho diagnosed her with a ligament injury. The first vet never mentioned the awful side effects of this drug. We battled liver failure for 4 months before we lost her. I miss her terribly and am so angry for this needless loss. Terrible terrible drug. Anne

2013/09/29 at 3:17 am
          • From J Everett on What are the Rimadyl side effects in Dogs?

Anne, any dog that is put on Rimadyl for more than two weeks should have their blood check for liver problems regularly. If your vet did not recommend this then he/she is incompetent and is to blame for your dog’s passing.

That would be like a human doctor prescribing a drug that clearly states that it should not be given to humans who already have existing liver problems or who does not tell you to get regular blood tests when the information on the drug clearly states that blood tests are normal protocol.

2013/11/26 at 7:08 am
    • From Melissa on What are the Rimadyl side effects in Dogs?

My 14 year old golden was on rimadyl for about a week before we took her off it. Improved joints at first then apnting, vomiting, urination while sleeping and confusion. This weeks tests show diminished organ ( kidney/liver). No more rimadyl for us ever. Our friends 10 year old golden unexpectedly dies yesterday after about a week on non steroidal anti anflammitory. RIP Riley.

2012/03/22 at 8:52 pm
      • From Bellabear on What are the Rimadyl side effects in Dogs?

7-21-2015 vet prescribed RIMADYL for luxating patella. Give with food. She is 12 lb.4 oz pom. 2 P.m.fed her & gave her prescribed dose of 25 mg. 3:30-4 a.m 7-22-15. Vomiting. 12 P.m. 7-22-15 Vomiting. Never again. This will go in the trash as I suspected after much debate at home….the vet knows she has(had) ITP, & prednisone was prescribed, after that Debacle” & serious issues, we weaned & tried Vitamin K, which was effective. & continued use for over a year. Despite the vets insisting ” You Will Kill Her” look doc, I love Bella for Free, You charged me big bucks for your time, I would seriously question who is invested more in a sick animal. I assure you it’s Not Me. She is once again, sicker under the care of the vet. That ends again. Now

2015/07/23 at 7:36 pm
      • From Lynn on What are the Rimadyl side effects in Dogs?

My 9 year old dauschund was prescribed Rimadyl, after I gave it to him he started panting very heavily and it sounded like his throat was closing. I called the vet and they were out of the office because of an ice storm we had where I live, she told me to give him a benadryl. this medicine killed my dog 2 hours later and he bled out. Please do not give this to your dogs!!! I am so heartbroken over this.

2014/02/02 at 5:15 am
      • From susan kaplan on What are the Rimadyl side effects in Dogs?

My Vet gave my 11 year oold rimadyl for a week for a strained leg…Sophie was limping. He knew she was in mild kidney failure. After a week, she was shivering terribly. I brought her back to Vet and her kidney values were much higher. She was put on iv fluids but kidney values continue to get worse. Her kidneys are so damaged from Rimadyl they are shot and Sophie has to be euthanized today.

2013/04/01 at 2:32 pm
        • From J Everett on What are the Rimadyl side effects in Dogs?

Susan, your vet is obviously incompetent. Putting a dog on Rimadyl that has even mild kidney failure is totally wrong. Your vet should already know that the manufacturer and FDA say NOT to give Rimadyl to any dogs with one iota of kidney or liver problems. Being a pharmacy tech for humans, even I know that. Your vet is completely at fault for your dog’s passing.

2013/11/26 at 6:53 am
        • From Dawn on What are the Rimadyl side effects in Dogs?

My greyhound mix coon dog had tremors also, even when I cut her dosage in half. She needs it for joint pain because she is limping, so I’m backing off to a quarter of the dose. Can’t believe some vets don’t know all the side effects of Rimadyl after reading the testimonies. I think there is a profit to be made by vets sponsoring the pharmaceutical companies! That’s the medical industry for ya!

2013/10/27 at 12:38 pm
          • From Linda on What are the Rimadyl side effects in Dogs?

My 12 yr. Old lab was on Rimadyl for about 7 months.I came home one day and he didn’t greet me.I found him in my sons room and couldn’t get up.when he finally was able to get up he was walking backwards, circling and seemed paralyzed. Then he started to shake and teeth were chattering. Rushed him to vet.Vet says it was a seizure but not from rimadyl.However, I disagree. His liver enzymes doubled from 3 months ago.I took him off despite what vet said.He is improving greatly.If they want liver enzymes checked every 3 months, then why are vets saying its not from Rimadyl? It can’t be safe if then.

2013/10/29 at 8:28 pm
        • From Brandon on What are the Rimadyl side effects in Dogs?

I just wanna tell u I’m so sorry u had to say goodbye to your great friend. My 15yr old Lab was jus put on this dangerous med a week ago, and I’m taking her off it today after reading your post. I pray you’ll find some peace. in this horrific time.

2013/06/26 at 1:43 pm
      • From Chari on What are the Rimadyl side effects in Dogs?

Scary my English bull is having shoulder pain limping not crying whaks it off but I do not know if I should give to her.

2012/12/03 at 2:21 am
  • From Pam on What are the Rimadyl side effects in Dogs?

I just started administering Rimadyl to my golden retriever. He is 13 yrs old. He seemed to have trouble moving around, I brought him to the vet and she perscribed Rimadyl. A week later he is acting very odd. He is biting himself all over, he won’t or can’t relax. He lies on the floor but won’t put his head down. He stares into space. He had none of these symptoms prior to taking the Rimadyl. He can move better but barely moves. Just stands in one place or lays in one place moving periodically to get comfortable and stares into space. I think I will dc the Rimadyl and see if his behavior improves

2012/02/03 at 1:44 am
    • From JKrueger on What are the Rimadyl side effects in Dogs?

My dog was on Rimadyl for about eight days and has been off for a day. Still has same symptoms. Stands in one place and stares into space and doesn’t put his head down when he lies on the floor. I hope this isn’t permanent.

2017/10/19 at 5:13 pm
    • From Martha on What are the Rimadyl side effects in Dogs?

Our dog was just neutered a few days ago , & he started with the same symptoms ur doggie had , should we stop the meds ?

2015/09/14 at 12:22 am
      • From Verna sausman on What are the Rimadyl side effects in Dogs?

Joe our bullmastiff was neutered and came home with carprofen Thursday. Had it at vet Thursday. We gave him 2 doses on Friday. Saturday morning throwing up. Discontinued it. Sunday blood all in his bed from his rectum area. Neutering area was fine, no fever. Went to animal hospital. Bloody diareah vomiting. They gave us famotidine and sucralfate and Hydrated him Within 12 hour between doses he ate a little and drank water no blood . 2 hours before 2nd dose. Vomited and bled from rectum again. Watered down blood. Went back to hospital. They gave him shot of cerenia to stop vomiting for 24 hours sent pills home to use as needed. He has no appetite. But I think he is exhausted. Sleeping (I am monitoring his breathing). Now has flipped over on his back with 4 legs up like he does. I believe his body is starting to relax finally. No appetite still. Not drinking water. He is 2 years old 125#. Sleeps most of 15 hours a day when healthy. No sleep last 2 days for none of us. Is this the right counter action for him from the carprofen. Hard for me to tell if he is exhausted and recovering or getting more larthagic. No diareah or vomiting all night No blood.

2016/09/05 at 12:41 pm
    • From Lori on What are the Rimadyl side effects in Dogs?

My 15 1/2 year old English Setter was put on Rimadyl because of arthritis in her rear legs. (I also have her on Glucosamine, which works awesome!). Due to her old age, I thought she was just in discomfort and would pant heavily and just pace the floors. She started staring at the wall, her hind legs started collapsing while she was eating, and she was walking crooked bumping into everything.
      My husband and I came to terms with the fact that she is old, and even the Rimadyl isn’t helping her. We decided it was in her best interest if we put her down. So we had an appt for Friday for her to be put down. On Monday, I ran out of her Rimadyl. By Wednesday night I noticed she was more calm, not restless or panting, and wasn’t walking crooked. Thursday, an even more improvement. How could we put her down if we are starting to see an improvement in her. Thursday night we cancelled the appointment. It is now Saturday night and I thank God I ran out of Rimadyl. If I didn’t, my beautiful girl would be gone. DO NOT put your dog on Rimadyl!!! I will be writing a letter to Pfizer letting them know how it almost killed my beautiful girl.

2015/06/14 at 3:22 am
      • From Kathy Vigil on What are the Rimadyl side effects in Dogs?

That is what is happening to my dog. Thank you for posting. She has only been on it for a week and she has everything that you stated.

2017/03/14 at 7:42 pm
      • From Aubrey Slininger on What are the Rimadyl side effects in Dogs?

This sounds just like my 11 year old Dioji. He’s been on carprofen sincefor 6 days. Yesterday and today I noticed he is walking around drunk almost. He can’t stand up or turn or even put his foot down. We have a follow up appointment in 2 days we stopped the medication and are hoping he will come out of it soon

2016/05/22 at 9:45 pm
      • From Shellie on What are the Rimadyl side effects in Dogs?

This is exactly what is happening to our mastiff. He’s 11 years old and came up lame just walking in the park yesterday. He’s on Rimadyl twice a day. last night I gave an additional dose with the lameness and he got worse. This morning he’s a little better. I stopped the rimadyl and hope to see more improvement today and tomorrow. He’s a very happy boy and has no lack of appetite and still wanted to go for his walk this a.m. We left him home while we walked the others and he was able to do all his business outside this a.m. I will keep a close watch on him.

2016/04/09 at 4:06 pm
    • From Karen on What are the Rimadyl side effects in Dogs?

Our 10 yo Springer Spaniel has been on Rimadyl for 2 – 3 months. She has scabs on her back and l area that must be very itchy because she keeps going after that particular area. We’ve noticed these skin issues since being on Rimadyl. We were going to take her to the vet tomorrow but instead she is going to taken off this drug. She has terrible arthritis in her front legs so we will have to investigate other alternatives. The vet didn’t seemed concerned about the skin issues……that bothers me.

2014/09/28 at 4:30 pm
    • From Barbara on What are the Rimadyl side effects in Dogs?

My beautiful neufie flat coated retriever Buddy Bear starting bleeding around 6am could not find a vet to come out and put him out of his misery finally got him to vet at 7:30am and had him put to sleep. It was horrible I miss him so much. Be careful with rimadyl. He was on the drug for six days he had high liver levels prior. I wish I had known

2014/03/17 at 8:08 pm
    • From Keiran on What are the Rimadyl side effects in Dogs?

It’s probably got fleas

2012/10/11 at 12:05 am
    • From Woods Mom on What are the Rimadyl side effects in Dogs?

My Woody is having the same behavior. He actually stares into space or at the walls and cries. Certainly doesn’t seem to be getting any relief, he never cried before the drug. My lab is only 3 1/2 but has suspected elbow dyslplasia waiting for final x-rays. This is exactly what I was looking for. I’m stopping the Rimadyl, luckily he’s only been on it less than a week.

2012/10/06 at 1:20 am
    • From Rusty on What are the Rimadyl side effects in Dogs?

How is your dog doing now? I have a 13 year old lab and has experienced changes in skin, including scabs, redness, itching. Interested to know what you did or what happened with your lab?

2012/09/23 at 11:02 pm
      • From Pat says on What are the Rimadyl side effects in Dogs?

My dog had those skin problems with itching , redness, etc. I took her to a dermatologist
        to a veterinary hospital and it was a classic case of thyroid problems. Once treated with a special skin shampoo from the specialist she is fine. She must take 1 thyroid pill twice a day for the rest of her life. My dog is a lab and is 91/2 years old now. We found her problem when she was 7 yrs. old.

2017/11/05 at 8:27 pm
      • From Kevin on What are the Rimadyl side effects in Dogs?

My 12 year old yellow lab has been on Rimadyl treatment plan, however, I noticed the scabs and hair loss with the scabs. He had been licking, scratching etc and is appetite increased. I recently took him off of it (been 2 days) just in time for his yearly check up.

2015/09/30 at 8:03 pm
      • From Annie Otto on What are the Rimadyl side effects in Dogs?

My Yellow Lab has been itching for months, we have had her to the vet numerous of time, given all kinds skin relief itch meds, Genta spray, Miconosol and antibotics No one mentioned about Rimadyle and I did not realize until I looked on the computer just now. She is 12 years old, taking Lasix, stilbestrol, Keflex, Rimadyl, and Butler Schein, Synovial Support Supplement. Also advised to use Oatmeal shampoo and Pyoben medicated shampoo for bath every week for the next several weeks.

Please advise me, could any of her other medicines cause the skin break out, or just the Rimadyl. What would be a safe medicines to replace the Rimadyl?

Thanking you in advance for any help, she has been suffering a long time. I feel so stupid, I never thought about the Rimadyl, I thought I was helping by reducing her pain. Annie

2013/04/01 at 2:50 pm
        • From Marsha Tindell on What are the Rimadyl side effects in Dogs?

My dog after having been on rimadyl a week is suffering coordination loss- headed to vet in the morning- is there anything I can do to help detox him? He is only four years old and was healthy- vet put him in rimadyl for elbow injury and arthritis- I am worried sick now

2017/06/17 at 3:42 am
          • From bobbi haque on What are the Rimadyl side effects in Dogs?

My 5 yr. old golden retriever was put on Carprofen for 5 days for injured leg. 3 days after he went off carprofen he started falling, head leaning to the right, nystagmus, loss of balance. Vet says he was not on carprofen long enough for side effects. Inner ear infection was a possibility for loss of balance. He is back on it for leg injury, off for MRI tomorrow as other condition is still the same. Could this be from carprofen! Worried sick!

2017/10/08 at 8:11 pm
        • From Christine on What are the Rimadyl side effects in Dogs?

STOP the Rimydl asap!!! It caused a huge open ulcer in our Labs stomach, which resulted in surgery and extensive care afterwards. I would never ever give my pet another dose of this lethal drug after extensive research. Check out Dr.Dan the natural pet vet I met him at the equrine affair in OH. He has nothing good to say about Rimydl.

2017/06/14 at 10:26 pm
        • From J Everett on What are the Rimadyl side effects in Dogs?

Annie, any one of the medications that your dog is on could be causing her itchy skin. The only way you can tell if you stop them one by one and see if it stops. Or if your dog was never itchy before and then started getting itchy shortly after starting a new drug then its very likely that he/she is allergic to that drug and should be given an alternative. I am a pharmacy technician and I see this all the time in humans too. They start a new drug and have symptoms of an allergic reaction like itching, hives, swelling, redness, skin irritation etc.

2013/11/26 at 7:01 am
        • From Noel on What are the Rimadyl side effects in Dogs?

I would stop the rimadyl ASAP. My mastiff has horrible skin itchiness the minute she takes it. Your poor baby. Try large doses of fish oil too

2013/04/22 at 1:41 am
      • From Hilary on What are the Rimadyl side effects in Dogs?

Did you resolve the problems with your lab? I have a 12 year old lab with the same scabs and restlessness after starting Rimadyl.

2012/11/01 at 1:41 am
      • From Annette on What are the Rimadyl side effects in Dogs?

My curly coat retriever was given rimadyl for a swollen foot which was causing him pain, he only has had one and within about 4 hours his face started to swell up especially around his nose and around his eyes and also has awful diareaha sorry spelt wrong. Called the vet wasn’t to concerned and is calling me in the morning after reading this article I feel being a retriever he should never of had this medication I’m very worried. Did any one else’s dog get facial swelling?
        Annette

2012/10/13 at 9:47 pm
        • From Kenneth Kosinski on What are the Rimadyl side effects in Dogs?

Anette

What ever happened to your dog when you took him off.

We put our lab reteriver on 11/1 in the evening. On the mornng of 11/2 he had a golf ball size lump over his eye we thought was a bee sting. His nose and around his eyes swelled up by 11/3.

As of yesterday we took him off Rimadyl and are trying to find out from other sources what we should do.

Did the swelling go down on it own?

2014/11/11 at 1:45 pm
        • From maryann heller on What are the Rimadyl side effects in Dogs?

my 5 year old german shepard is in icu with iv’s to flush it out if the kidney levels do not go up he could die.

2014/01/28 at 12:25 pm
          • From Janet Herron on What are the Rimadyl side effects in Dogs?

My eight year old miniature schnauzer just went through this just like your german shepherd. She is out of the hospital now. She had to have iv fluids and a transfusion. We are watching her very closely and are at blood tests every two weeks for right now. This has been awful.

Damn these drug companies who lie and cheat just for money.

2017/02/14 at 7:07 am
          • From Will on What are the Rimadyl side effects in Dogs?

Hi Maryann, how has your German Shepard done since the overdose of Rimadyl? I would love to know anything you can tell me about what worked or didn’t work in your case. I had to leave two of my dogs tonight at an emergency clinic to have the same process of flushing with fluids performed for at least 24 hours. Apparently the only solution to the pollution is dilution. One of my dogs is a 35kg English Chocolate Lab, and the other is an 8kg Cockapoo. The number of Rimadyl eaten was about 30-35 chew tablets that were 100mg each. The cockapoo unfortunately began projective vomiting while we were at the vet with the lab – we thought there was no way in the world the smaller dog could have even gotten the cap off, but the vomit was without a doubt composed of a sandy looking material with the exact same texture and color of the chewable form of Rimadyl. I can’t stand not knowing what’s going to happen!

2014/12/28 at 10:53 am
        • From J Everett on What are the Rimadyl side effects in Dogs?

Annette, facial swelling means that your dog is allergic to Rimadyl. The facial swelling of the lips and face happens to some humans who take NSAIDs (which Rimadyl is) especially advil and aleve. There’s no way your vet could tell ahead of time that your dog was allergic, but you should stop giving your medicine immediately.

2013/11/26 at 6:57 am
  • From andrea on Rimadyl Overdose: Is Rimadyl dangerous for my dog?

all I know is that rimadyl should come with a warning of death. My darling dog died suddenly – from vomiting blood- on rimadyl. vet gave a 16 lb dog 25 mg a day- and for thirty days.

2012/01/06 at 7:02 pm
    • From Nan on Rimadyl Overdose: Is Rimadyl dangerous for my dog?

My dearest Angel Prince was on this horrible drug Rimadyl.
      Out of no where he began throwing up foam.I was prescribed this for him by a vet in the town I used to live in.I rushed him to the vet.A really stupid Vet.student.She said she was too busy the night before to give him a radiogram.He left me the next am.I could not believe she said this.
      Prince’s blood was never checked by the previous vet for toxins.Blood should always be checked.
      He was my heart and soul.When the vet where I am living now prescribed it for my lab now,I have PTSD from Prince’s.God I miss him.Thank God I had him for 14 years Without this horrible drug.I would have lost him sooner.
      Thank You.
      I waist this drug was off the market but Vets make $

2020/04/18 at 5:58 am
    • From Joy on Rimadyl Overdose: Is Rimadyl dangerous for my dog?

So sorry Andrea, I thought I was going to lose my dog the other day when he developed seizures and we are travelling remotely in Australia where a nearest vet was 100’s of kms away. I was so scared but luckily stopped his medication immediately and he has come good, we are still a few days away from seeing a vet though. After reading what I have read I am very surprised and upset the vet did not take blood tests or give me any kind of warning, I told her absolutely everything and she let me wander off into the never never with this drug for my dog………I haven’t worked out the conversions yet my dog is 20kg and he was given one 50mg tablet per day

2012/07/17 at 1:01 pm